Eos-Consult concentrates on putting the different pieces together to create embedded software applications in the most efficient way. Either use Eos-Consult for small design reviews or let Eos-Consult handle a larger part of your embedded software project, so that you can keep your focus in the areas that bring most value to your customers.
If you think of your embedded software project as a jigsaw puzzle, Eos-Consult can assist you while you're putting the pieces together, e.g. helping you formulating and writing the requirements, reviewing your software design or helping you with the creation of test specifications.
Eos-Consult can also assist in putting some of the pieces together by either taking on a part (or all) of the development process or by finding (and managing) the right third party vendors - depending on the size of your project.
Eos-Consult will typically focus on the application and use third party vendors for specific tasks - e.g. getting a new embedded operating system to run or implementing a complicated algorithm in a DSP.
As the embedded software is also in itself just one piece in a greater jigsaw puzzle, you might want to focus your effort on other pieces as e.g. partner relations, mechanical design, customer service, etc. and let Eos-Consult handle the entire embedded software piece in the jigsaw puzzle…
Areas of particular knowledge
The following areas are the technical and process oriented areas where Eos-Consult has a substantial knowledge and more than ten years of experience:
Process oriented areas
◦ Requirements clarification and specification
◦ Embedded software application design
◦ Embedded software architecture
◦ Software development
- Assembler like languages, C/C++, J2ME and Android
◦ Software development processes
◦ Automated testing
◦ Packet processors for data communication
◦ Digital signal processors for coding, compression
◦ TCP/IP protocols
- DHCP, SNMP, RADIUS, ANCP, RTP, FTP, etc.
◦ IPSec and cryptographic building blocks
- Streamciphers, blockciphers, AES, SHA, IKE, etc.
◦ Public key infrastructure and the building blocks
- x.509 certificates, key exchange protcols, RSA, Diffie-
◦ Bluetooth & GPS
◦ Data communication networks
- xDSL, point-2-point fiber, GPON, mobile access, etc.
◦ Broadband Forums access standards
- TR-101, TR-156, TR-167 and WT-201
◦ IEEE, ITU-T and IETF standards
- Mainly in access, metro and security areas
◦ UMA / GAN applications